SKY1HD's brand new reality television show SKYShowboaters launched to great acclaim this autumn and broadcasts every Sunday at 4pm until 6 November 2011.
The SKYShowboaters talent show sees ten amateur entertainers battle it out onboard Thomson Cruises' flagship Dream in front of experts from The PEEL Entertainment Group and a resident show team. The lucky winner of SKYShowboaters wins a place with the ship's prestigious entertainment troupe this winter, as it sets sail around the beautiful islands of the Caribbean.
The SKYShowboaters website is full of all the latest gossip about the show including how to become a Showboater, a judges' blog and updates on evictions.
12 Amazing Facts You Need to Know About SKY Showboaters on SKY 1 HD
1. SKY Showboaters has been described as the cruising world's answer to 'X Factor'.
2. SKY Showboaters first aired on Sky1HD on Tuesday 13 September and runs for eight weeks.
3. The SKY Showboaters programme was filmed earlier this year by 'Fresh One', the production company owned by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.
4. SKY Showboaters follows a group of ten contestants on their physical and mental journeys to acquire the knowledge and skills required for a life as a cruise ship entertainer and to accomplish their dream to become a performer.
5. As well as performing their hearts out each week in front of the critical eyes of the passengers and judges, the SKY Showboaters contestants will also integrate themselves into everyday life onboard a top cruise ship.
6. Contestants battling it out on SKY Showboaters come from a diverse range of backgrounds and include a 56 year old hairdresser and a 21 year old steelworker.
7. The PEEL Entertainment Group, which produces all the live entertainment for Thomson Cruises' fleet of ships, plays a key role in the SKY Showboaters talent show by providing the all-important and critical SKY Showboater judges.
8. SKY Showboaters is set to make stars of its three judges - Stephen Guy, Mollie Daley and Nicky Alexander.
9. Aided by the mentors, the infamous panel of SKY Showboaters judges, which is made up of Casting Director Mollie Daley, choreographer Nicky Alexander and Cruise Director Stephen Guy, will whittle ten SKY Showboaters performers down to just four.
10. The four surviving SKY Showboaters will go on to compete for the star prize - a contract with PEEL Talent onboard Thomson Cruises� Flagship Dream as it sets sail around the Caribbean this winter.
11. The SKY Showboaters nail-biting final, which will form part of the show's final episode, airs on the 6 November 2011.
12. The feisty trio of SKY Showboaters judges have been billed as the 'Seven Seas' answer to Simon Cowell.
Wish You Were on Showboaters? Is life on the ocean waves for you? Like what you see?
Here, we offer you some friendly advice to help take you a step closer to becoming one of the real-life Showboaters.
If you hadn't already noticed, the ten entertainment-hungry contestants on Showboaters are battling it out on to win a contract with PEEL Talent, part of the UK�s fastest growing entertainment production company.
The PEEL Entertainment Group, which plays an important role in the Showboaters programme - that of the ever-critical Showboaters judges - provides the cruising world with the very best singers, dancers, actors, musicians, guest acts, guest lecturers, kids' hosts, cruise directors, entertainment hosts and technicians.
We know they are on the look-out for potential Showboaters, with a passion for entertainment and events, to add to their team of creative individuals.
It's a fabulous and friendly organisation and perhaps one of the best places you could register in order to find your dream Showboaters job.
So, don't delay, if you are interested in becoming a cruise ship entertainer - just like the wannabes on Showboaters - then make yourself known by sending your CV to PEEL Talent.
All you have to do is register your details online at www.peeltalent.com and you'll be kept informed about forthcoming auditions alternatively follow them on Twitter @PEELTalent or like their Facebook page 'PEEL Talent Showboaters'.
About SKY1 HD Showboaters
Reality shows never fail to attract an audience and SKY 1 HD Showboaters is no exception.
Sky1 HD Showboaters is a brand new prime time show that follows ten talented contestants who are performing their hearts out to win the star prize - life on the high seas on Thomson Cruises' Flagship Dream.
Each week on SKY 1 HD Showboaters, the contestants, coached by the regular onboard show team, are increasingly put through their paces as they perform new and ever more challenging tasks.
The Showboaters are at the mercy of the judges - Mollie Daley, Nicky Alexander and Stephen Guy life as they desire it is in their hands and all is revealed every Sunday evening on SKY 1 HD Showboaters.
But it's not just about competing on SKY 1 HD Showboaters, the contestants get to experience what it is like to live and work on a cruise ship this includes mucking in and serving in the restaurants, helping with the housekeeping and of course, maintaining a friendly smile and sense of humour.
SKY 1 HD Showboaters is, in other words, a crash course in cruise ship decorum. Each Showboater contestant must observe the ship's rules and regulations if they don�t then the panel of experts get to know about it.
What's more the episodes are watched by a worldwide audience of millions - no pressure then being on the SKY 1 HD Showboaters!
SKY 1 HD Showboaters airs every Sunday at 4pm until 6 November 2011.
Get all the behind-the-scenes gossip on SKY 1 HD Showboaters at www.skyshowboaters.com, follow the excitement on Twitter: @SkyShowboaters and or like the Facebook page
About Mollie Daley
Yorkshire showbiz veteran Mollie Daley, 70, of Keighley is head judge on SKY 1 HD Showboaters.
Already credited by the Daily Mail for making Simon Cowell look like a 'pussycat', Mollie Daley is capturing the nation's hearts with her refreshing approach to mentoring young entertainers.
Life-long Keighley resident, Mollie Daley is the Casting Director for Yorkshire based company The PEEL Entertainment Group, which produces all live entertainment packages across Thomson's fleet of cruise ships.
Of her involvement in Showboaters, Mollie Daley commented:
"Our shows are of a West End standard and life onboard can be incredibly tough. It's hilarious that people are saying I'm scarier than Simon Cowell - my greatest pleasure is to mentor and encourage young people but I do have a very strong work ethic, which I like to impress upon people! I've been in the business a very long time and like to think that with age comes experience."
Joining Mollie Daley on the panel of experts is choreographer Nicky Alexander and Cruise Director Stephen Guy.